PMP Certification Training
The Project Management Training Experts
The 4 day Project Management Professional (PMP®) Exam Prep Course will prepare the candidate to sit for the Project Management Institute (PMI®) PMP certification exam. The course will cover the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®) 6th Edition on which the majority of the exam is based, but will also include discussions and examples of the practical application of project management concepts and theories in the real world.
In order to sit for the exam you’ll need to apply to the PMI and meet certain eligibility requirements. Click here for summary of the requirements and how to apply.
If you want to succeed and pass the very first time, read on. If you are not sure of the value of a PMP certification course, read this article about the best way NOT to pass the PMP exam.
Senior Project Management Instructors with Real World Experience
Unlike other project management training companies, all our instructors are full-time senior project managers that bring current real-world experience to the classroom. Our lead instructor and curriculum developer, Dr. Vaughn Scott Burch, president of Graywood has over 30 years of industry experience and teaches university project management Master’s and Doctoral courses. Dr. Burch has personally prepared over 1000 students in the DC area to pass the PMP certification exam.
Federal Government and DOD Experience
As a project manager in the local Washington, DC area, you require unique skills that most other PMs don’t because of the high concentration of federal government agencies and commercial high-tech companies. There are a lot of national training companies that schedule courses in Washington, DC to simply make money without knowing and understanding the specific concerns of DC project managers. Our instructors work and live in the Washington, DC area as senior project managers with current experience working with the federal government, DOD, and the high tech industry.
We specialize in delivering PMP Exam Prep courses to the local Washington, DC area. We can also deliver a private course for your organization on or off site. Register online for our PMP exam prep courses in the Washington, DC area or contact us for a custom quote.
The 5 Process Groups, 10 Knowledge Areas, and the 49 Processes of the PMBOK framework including:
Human Resource Management
4-Day PMP Boot Camp Washington DC
Here are the main benefits you will receive from our PMP exam prep class:
- Highly qualified project management trainer with at least 10 years of senior project manager real-world experience
- 35 Accredited Contact Hours to Satisfy Exam Application Requirements
- Review of Exam Application Process and Requirements
- PMBOK Guide 6th Edition
- 300+ Page Training Manual
- Pen, pencil, eraser, highlighter, and post-it notes
- PMBOK Process Group and Knowledge Area Mapping Study Guide
- Earned Value Management Terms and Formulas Study Guide
- In-class Practice Questions
- 90-day Access to our exclusive PMP Exam Simulator with 1800 Questions
- Project Management Context, Framework, Processes, and PMP Exam tips, tricks, and strategy.
- !00% Pass guarantee. If students don’t pass the first time they can attend another training session at no cost.
- 30 days email support from the instructor
- Graywood Training Certificate of Completion
Note: Approximately 60% of the exam is based on the PMBOK Guide. Additionally, we refer students to supplemental books and include relevant material based on the instructor’s years of PMP exam prep coaching experience.
4 weekdays or 2 consecutive weekends 8:30 AM to 6:00 PM
Our instructors students’ have a 95% pass rate*. If for some reason you don’t pass on your first attempt you may attend another course free of charge. If in the highly unlikely event that you don’t pass a second time we will refund your course tuition in full.
A Word About Student Commitment
The fundamental objective of the course is to prepare students for the PMP exam. All we ask from each student is a 100% commitment to the training program. Approximately 2 hours of study time is required each evening.
Continuing Education Courses
We can also customize our curriculum to focus on your specific industry and objectives. All of our instructors are required to have at least 10 years of actual project management experience delivering large scale projects. Increase your knowledge and earn PDUs in the following areas:
- Schedule and Cost Risk Analysis
- Advanced Project Estimating
- Leadership for Project Managers
- Advanced Performance Reporting
- Leading Successful IT Projects
- Applied Project Management
1 – Project Management Institute, PMBOK® Guide – Sixth Edition, Project Management Institute Inc., 2017, Page 23-24.
* Approximately 95% of students go on to pass when they follow all of our recommendations. Pass rate statistics are calculated by tracking the number of our students who were unable to pass the exam and comparing that number to our total enrollment figures for the period.